Dear able-bodied people,
• Stop asking us if we're better yet.
• Please READ the definition of the word chronic.
• Stop pushing your "miracle cures" on us.
• STOP, for the love of fuck, telling us to do more Yoga.
• And if one more person tells me I'm not trying hard enough and to think positively, I will fling them so deep into the sun that they will start fusing hydrogen in their assholes!!! #PleaseStop #chronicillness #ableism #chronicpain #spoonie #surgery #Tr
I am still here. My surgeon yanked out both my gallbladder and appendix. It was one of the most horrific, terrifying, and painful surgeries that I've ever had. My symptoms (101° fever, extreme right upper quadrant abdominal pain, sternum pain, 150 HR at resting, vomiting, bile reflux, fatigue, jaundice, lack of appetite, not eating, etc...) have all been present for a YEAR. And my former primary "doctor" literally kept telling me to stretch and do yoga and that these thing